July 22, 2008

I am frustrated with Geronimo!

For those who don’t know, Geronimo is a project from Apache aimed in creating a Java EE 5 application server using open source. It is also certified by Sun for its compatibility with java EE specification. Apache claims the server to be very developer friendly, easy to use and easily integrate with IDEs like Eclipse. All my hopes failed when in installed it on my Vista!

Yes, I am a frustrated developer now! My laptop comes with Vista Home and I am simply not able to start the Geronimo server on it. At the same time, I am able to run the server and play with it on other Microsoft OS like Windows XP, Windows Server 2003.
So what did I do? I contacted the Geronimo user group at Nabble forums. After one week I still have no solution! Its not that I got a reply.. Its simply that none of the options work out. Here is what I have tried so far:
  • Try running the server from C:\geronimo
  • Try running the server from C:\user\\geronimo
  • Try running the server from another Drive
  • Try running the server from C:\Program Files\geronimo
  • Try running the server after disabling firewall in the above mentioned locations.

Does anybody have a solution???

No comments :